- The broadcast media are important channels of communication, but using them requires thinking in terms of sound and visual elements.
- Radio releases are similar to press releases, but they require more concise writing and conversational tone.
- Audio news releases (ANRs) are more interesting because they include soundbites, music, and sound effects.
- Public service announcements (PSAs) are short broadcast announcements used by nonprofit groups and public agencies.
- Radio media tours (RMTs) are a cost-effective way to reach many stations with an exclusive interview over a wide geographic area.
- Television is an excellent medium of communication because it combines the elements of sight, sound, motion, and color.
- television news releases must contain both sound and visual elements such as graphics, slides, or videotape.