- Photographs and graphics add appeal and increase media usage of news releases or features.
- Digital cameras are now used for publicity photos; such photos can be taken and distributed almost instantly.
- A public relations writer should be familiar with the elements of a good publicity photo: quality, subject matter, composition, action, scale, camera angle, lighting, color.
- Publicity photos should be sharp, clear, and high contrast.
- Photos should be creative and have no more than three or four people in it. No large group photos!
- Action photos are better than posed shots.
- Use professonal photographers if you plan to send material to news organizations.